Darik Eaton is the founder of Seattle Oasis Vacation Rentals. After the 2008 financial crash Darik closed down his business in commercial finance, and transformed his vacation rental from a simple side business, to a full-time vacation rental property management company with over 45 properties. Darik shares his experiences growing his vacation rental business, exporting his business model to Hawaii and the most important lesson he learned along the way.
- How Darik got started in the vacation rental industry as a matter of convenience
- How Darik survived the financial crash of 2008
- Darik’s “secret sauce” of renovation and restoration
- Why Darik doesn’t like IKEA
- How Darik turned his vacation rental from a side business to a full time property management business with 45+ properties in Seattle and Hawaii
- How Darik went from excel spreadsheets to property management software that allowed his business to grow more effectively
- Why Darik hires to make his business “Darik-proof”
- How Darik manages a successful and growing property management business remotely.
- The difference between a commodity business and a “Limited Edition” business
- Why Darik prioritizes slow growth over fast growth