Welcome to How to Save Your Vacation Rental, a 10-part educational podcast series hosted by vacation rental advocate Dana Lubner that will teach you how to solve your business’ greatest looming threat -- unfair regulation -- from the ground up.
In this episode, you'll hear how Dana got into advocacy, and how she's been able to take it farther than she ever thought possible. As we explore Dana's journey, we'll hear from industry voices that ended up on similar paths despite starting from radically different backgrounds. You'll learn how to start your own journey or inspire others to start their own.
This episode is brought to you by TRACK powered by TravelNet Solutions, providing integrated solutions to transform the way vacation rental hospitality works.
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Expedia's government affairs contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phil Minardi contacts: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dana’s public contact: email@example.com
- VRMB Communities: https://community.vrmb.com
- Denver STRAC short term rental advisory committee
- The Good Neighbor Summit
- We’re also grateful to Rentals United for helping us get the word out. Rentals United believes that advocacy is the most important mechanism to influence the future of our industry and they support numerous associations in Europe and the US.
Thank you to our featured guests:
- Megan Mccrea, Southbound Stays & NASTRA
- Paige Teel, Northeast Vacation Rental Professionals
- Claire Reiswerg, Sand N Sea
- Patricia Moore, Citizens 4 STR
- Phil Minardi, Expedia Group
- Dave Krauss, Rent Responsibly
- Joe Pergolizzi, Mile High Hosts
- Darik Eaton, Seattle Oasis Vacation Rentals
This episode was produced by VRMB Communities at Mangofish Studios. Our theme song is the ‘STR savior theme’ by DJ Andy Lubner