Shaun Stewart is a visionary and seasoned tech leader with a hospitality background from companies like Airbnb and Jetsetter. He is now CEO of Newlab, which applies transformative technologies to things that matter. In this episode he joins Matt to talk about innovation in times of crisis, evolving attitudes about tech, and give unique perspective on the vacation rental industry.
This podcast is brought to you by:
- Breezeway's operations platform makes it easy to ensure quality, safety, and cleanliness across your properties so you can deliver an amazing guest experience.
- Point Central, the leader in business grade smart property solutions designed for rental properties. PointCentral's technology helps vacation rental managers increase property safety, reduce operational costs and improve guest satisfaction.
- With over 1M Property Owners, Thousands of Property Managers, Hundreds of Software Partners and counting, RentalGuardian is one of the most complete and trusted travel and damage protection platforms in the industry.
Other links and people mentioned in this episode:
- Newlab: https://newlab.com
- Shaun Stewart on social distancing tech: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/07/nyregion/new-york-reopening-coronavirus.html
- Daversa (recruiting): https://www.daversapartners.com
- X (formerly Google X): https://x.company
- Waymo: https://waymo.com
- VRMA's Safe Home Campaign: https://www.vrma.org/page/covid-19-cleaning-guidelines-1639
- VRMB's Reset Hub: https://reset.vrmb.com